Mini Split System In Baytown, Mont Belvieu, Highlands, TX, And Surrounding Areas
Proper system sizing and installation is critical to getting the touted benefits from a ductless system. Ductless will never work properly if the system is the wrong size, the wall penetration is not sealed correctly, or the sensitive electronics are mishandled, charging refrigerant according to EPA guidelines and manufacturers guidelines.
“The extra money you spend to have a pro do the job is worth it.”
What is the Ideal Situation for Mini Split Systems (Ductless)?
Depending on your home’s construction, ductless systems can make sense in a variety of
applications, including whole-house heating and cooling. But there are certain situations where
ductless has a clear advantage:
- New additions: garage apartments, bonus rooms, sunrooms and man caves. The main
benefit of ductless here is that it will be properly sized for the new space and will not steal air
from other rooms or overload your existing HVAC system.
- Downsizing efforts for larger homes. People often shut HVAC grilles in empty rooms,
creating pressure imbalances and mold problems. It is far better to install a ductless system in
a frequently used room and set the house’s main thermostat to run minimally.
- Serving multiple needs under one roof. Ductless is ideal for creating independent
temperature zones in different rooms, and although you can install zoning in a traditional
ducted system, it will not be as efficient.
- Giving support to a room with specific heating/cooling problems. If you have a small
kitchen with a giant stove, a southwest view and big picture windows, a ductless unit can
make your room comfortable without having to install new ductwork.
- Adding AC to a house with no existing ductwork. Ductless is not cheap, but it is less
expensive than adding ductwork to an existing house.
- Ideal for flat roofs with no crawl space.
For more information pick up the phone and give us a call right away (281) 837-8454.