Learn more about us and our experience in this area. Make sure we are the best in your region!
What Is a Mini Split System?
A mini split system, also called a ductless mini split or a mini split heat pump, is a type of heating and cooling system that doesn’t require any ductwork. Unlike a central air conditioner, which uses ducts to distribute cool air throughout your home, a mini split has an outdoor compressor unit and one or more indoor air-handling units, also called wall-mounted or ceiling-mounted air handlers. The indoor fan-coil units are connected to the outdoor unit via refrigerant lines and power cables.
The mini split system works by sending refrigerant through a compressor that compresses it into a superheated gas, which then passes through a condenser coil in the outdoor compressor unit. As the refrigerant comes into contact with the hot coil, it cools and becomes a warmer, liquid form that flows to an expansion valve, where it expands and hits another coil. This process causes it to turn back into superheated gas and repeat the cycle.
Check our reviews and see what our customers are saying about us!
Benefits of Installing a Mini Split Unit in Your House?
Let’s run over the key benefits that you’ll get after you install a ductless mini split system:
- You’ll be able to customize the temperatures in different areas of your home: Have you ever imagined being able to cool down your living room during the hottest hours of the day while keeping your bedroom a bit warmer so you can sleep comfortably at night? Well, now you can with a ductless mini-split system. This system allows you to have different temperatures in different rooms, all controlled by a single unit.
- You’ll save money on your energy bills: A ductless mini split AC uses advanced inverter technology to reduce the amount of power needed to cool or heat your home, which can help you drastically lower your monthly energy costs. Since there are no ducts involved, you won’t have to worry about any energy losses from air leakage.
- You’ll minimize your impact on the environment: Traditional HVAC systems consume a substantial amount of energy and release harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Thus, many homeowners are seeking more eco-friendly alternatives. A ductless mini-split system is an excellent choice for eco-conscious homeowners as it consumes less energy and emits fewer emissions than traditional HVAC systems.
- You’ll enjoy improved indoor air quality: Since there are no ducts involved in a ductless mini split HVAC system, there’s no risk of dust, pollen, or other allergens being circulated through your home. This can improve your indoor air quality and help you breathe easier.
- You’ll have greater flexibility in where you place your unit: Ductless mini split units can be mounted on your wall, ceiling, or floor, so you can choose the placement that works best for your home. Since they don’t require any ductwork, they’re ideal for homes with limited space.
Overall, you’ll surely benefit a lot from this investment. Not only will you be able to customize the temperatures in different areas of your home, but you’ll also save money on your energy bills and minimize your impact on the environment. So if you’re looking for a more efficient and eco-friendly way to cool or heat your home, consider installing a ductless mini split system today.
If you are looking for a mini split installation in Highlands, TX, Ainsworth & Co can help. We are a trusted and experienced HVAC company that specializes in ductless mini split installation. We’ll work with you to find the perfect unit for your home and budget, and we’ll make sure it’s installed correctly and at a competitive mini split installation cost in Highlands, TX.
If you are looking for the installation of a ductless mini split system in Highlands, TX, contact Ainsworth & Co. We can help you choose the right system for your home. Give us a call today at (281) 397-3673!