Are your energy bills getting out of hand? Are you looking for ways to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner and lower those costs? You’re in the right place! With just a few simple steps, you can start seeing decreases in your electric bill. Here are 10 tips to help you improve the efficiency of your air conditioner and save money on energy costs.
- Change or clean air filters regularly: A clogged filter reduces airflow, causing your system to work harder than it should. Make sure to change or clean them every 1-3 months for best results.
- Keep vents open and clear: Make sure nothing is blocking vents as this can reduce airflow and make conditioning less efficient.
- Install a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats allow you to set specific times for when the air conditioner will be on and off, helping you save more energy.
- Insulate your house: Proper insulation helps keep cool air in during summer and warm air in during winter which can reduce your energy bill considerably.
- Use ceiling fans or portable fans to help circulate conditioned air: This can make the room feel cooler without increasing the use of your AC system significantly.
- Close drapes and blinds during hot days: Covering windows keeps sunlight out, reducing indoor heat build-up which makes it easier for your AC unit to maintain desired temperatures inside with less effort.
- Reduce heat-generating appliances: Use microwaves instead of ovens and keep your refrigerator in a cool area to reduce the amount of work your AC has to do.
- Have your system serviced regularly: A professional AC repair in La Porte, TX can inspect and adjust components such as air filters, fan blades, evaporator coils, etc., which can help improve efficiency and performance.
- Check for duct leaks: Leaky ducts waste energy by allowing conditioned air to escape before it reaches its destination. Make sure all ducts are properly sealed and insulated for optimal results.
- Plant trees or shrubs near the house: Shading the side or roof of your home can reduce the amount of sunlight that heats the house, making it easier for your AC to keep temperatures comfortable.
By following these simple tips, you can improve the efficiency of your air conditioner and save money on energy costs. With a few small changes, you can make big differences in your monthly bills!