It’s getting hot outside! If you’re like me, then you’re relying on your air conditioner to keep you cool. But what if your AC starts acting up? How can you tell if it needs repair? Well, we’re here to help. Here are 5 signs that your air conditioner needs repair:
- Your AC isn’t blowing cold air: This is the most obvious sign that something is wrong with your AC. If it’s not blowing cold air, then it’s not doing its job! It happens when the coolant levels are low or when the compressor isn’t working properly. If you are noticing for the first time that your AC unit isn’t cooling as well as it used to, it may be time for a repair.
- Your AC is making strange noises: If your AC is making strange noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong with the compressor. The compressor is responsible for circulating the coolant and if it’s not working properly, it can make a lot of noise. If you hear any strange noises coming from your AC unit, it’s best to have it checked out by an AC repair professional.
- Your AC isn’t turning on: If your AC unit won’t turn on at all, then there could be an issue with the thermostat, the electrical supply, or the compressor. All of these are vital components of the AC unit and if one of them isn’t working, it could cause the whole unit to fail. If your AC won’t turn on, it’s best to call a professional for help.
- Your AC is leaking: If you notice that your AC unit is leaking, it could be a sign that there’s a problem with the coolant levels. When the coolant levels are low, it can cause the unit to leak. If you see any leaks, it’s important to have your AC unit checked out by a professional as soon as possible.
- Your AC doesn’t seem to be working as efficiently: If you notice that your AC unit isn’t cooling as well as it used to or that it seems to be working harder than usual, it could be a sign that it needs repair. Over time, AC units can start to wear down and lose their efficiency. If you notice that your AC isn’t working as well as it used to, it’s best to have it checked out by a professional.
These are just a few of the signs that your AC unit might need repair. If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to call a professional for help. A professional will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
At Ainsworth & Co., we are a team of highly trained and experienced AC repair professionals. We have been servicing AC units for several years and we are proud to offer our services to the community. If you think your AC unit might need repair, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (281) 502-5365. We would be happy to help!